Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #4: The Falconer by Elizabeth May


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme first initiated by Jill from Breaking the Spine. However, we've added our own twist to it! Not only will we feature books that will be published in the following months, but we will also feature books that are not available yet locally, and are still unavailable to us.

Title: The Falconer
Author: Elizabeth May
Publication Date: Unknown (Edit as of 01/11/2013)
Publishing House: Chronicle Books

Summary:


Lady Aileana Kameron can sing, paint prettily, and murder
the fae as easily as dancing a waltz. But how far is she prepared to go for vengeance...?

Edinburgh, Scotland, 1844

18 year-old Lady Aileana Kameron, the only daughter of the Marquess of Douglas, was destined to a life carefully planned around Edinburgh's social events - right up until a faery kills her mother.

Now it's the 1844 winter season. Between a seeming endless number of parties, Aileana slaughters faeries in secret. Armed with modified percussion pistols and explosives, every night she sheds her aristocratic facade and goes hunting. She's determined to track down the faery who murdered her mother, and to destroy any who prey on humans in the city's many dark alleyways.

But she never even considered that she might become attracted to one. To the magnetic Kiaran MacKay, the faery who trained her to kill his own kind. Nor is she at all prepared for the revelation he's going to bring. Because Midwinter is approaching, and with it an eclipse that has the ability to unlock a Fae prison and begin the Wild Hunt.

A battle looms, and Aileana is going to have to decide how much she's willing to lose - and just how far she'll go to avenge her mother's murder.

                                         (Image and information courtesy of Goodreads)

You guys, how can you not spaz about this upcoming book?! It's a historical fiction that involves an unconventional, vengeful heroine who may or may not have guns and knives strapped underneath her petticoats, fairies, and a possible romance with one of the fae.  Michelle's actually wondering if this could possibly be an edgier version of Ruth Frances Long's The Treachery of Beautiful Things (reviewed here). We're keeping our fingers crossed that it hits the bookstore as soon as it releases in the US, but who're we kidding? Jay Kristoff's Stormdancer (reviewed here) took almost four months to get here! Anyway, if any of you get the chance to get this awesome, awesome book way ahead of its scheduled release, we'd love to know if it's as amazing as it sounds! You can count on us running to the bookstore as soon as this one's available.






29 comments:

  1. Historical fiction, guns, knives and faeries?
    I didn't know it was Christmas again. I need to read this!
    Thanks for the share, and also for following my blog. You've got yourself a new follower. ;)

    Patricia @ Night Readings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by! Glad to know someone else is excited for this one too. :)

      Delete
  2. Been wanting to read this book! Great pic :D Books with fae are my thing.

    -Dannielle
    http://bookwhales.blogspot.com/2013/01/waiting-on-wednesday-23.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I'm not usually a fae person, but ever since I read R. F. Long's book, I may have gotten quite fascinated with them. :) Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
    2. I usually feel the same way about fae books, too. They can make me crazy! But I haven't read one in a while, so this might be a good chance to get back involved. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
    3. I haven't even read any of Julie Kagawa's works, because I am that hesitant about fairies. Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Wait, wait, wait. I just saw the Pinoy book tour badge. You;re in the Philippines? Yes! Finally met a book blogger that;s from my country! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? :o There's a lot of us! (And it's nice to meet you.)

      Delete
  4. Oh!! Did you say historical? and faeries?? *faints* I wantssss!! But..the title sounds familiar. Was this a self-pubbed book before or I'm just imagining things?

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and yes! I have no idea whether it was a self-published book though. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  5. This sounds amazing!!! I cannot waiiit for the cover to be revealed. 19th century historical paranormal?

    Sounds perrrfect! New follower :)

    My WOW this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad you're excited about it too! Thanks for dropping by. :)

      Delete
  6. That's a great mix. Sounds amazing. Nice pick.
    New NetworkedBlogs follower

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute blog, I'm a new GFC follower :)

    I also can't wait for this book, it sounds so good!

    WoW at Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds really good. Thanks for sharing. Congrats on your new-ish blog. It's very cute.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds just short of amazing. Can't wait to get my hands on this one either!! Great pick. :)
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see someone excited over it too. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete

  10. My goodness that sounds like a good book. Great pick and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm...intriguing. I might add it to my considering list.

    If you get a chance, visit my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's two new books I've seen that I know to be historical fiction, I think it's telling me to start reading historical fiction. Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore historical fiction, especially when it's written well. :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  13. Hi, Twins!! I'm now following your awesome blog, and I LOVE your WOW pick!! It sure sounds like it will be an exciting, unforgettable read, and I'm going to rush to Amazon to see if it's available there. Thanks for featuring this book!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Twins, I just started following you.
    I don't really read anything historical so this books is not for me but I hope you enjoy reading it.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete