Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

MICHELLE'S REVIEW: Forever by Karen Ann Hopkins

Title: Forever
Author: Karen Ann Hopkins
Format Acquired: eARC
Publication Date: January 28, 2014
Publishing House: Harlequin Teen
ISBN: 9780373211067
Source of Copy: Requested from publisher via NetGalley

Summary:

All I want is my happily-ever-after.

That's all I've wanted since meeting Noah Miller.

From the day we met, the world has tried to keep Noah and me from being together, but now that I'm carrying his child, no one will be able to tear us apart. Or so I hope. But Noah and I have made some mistakes along the way, and the consequences are impacting the people we love. Worse, there's a storm on the horizon, and it's sure to cause serious devastation.

If we can get through this, we'll finally be Rose and Noah; a family, forever.

But first we have to survive the road ahead. And happily-ever-after is a long way off.

(Image and information courtesy of Goodreads; Summary lifted from actual book)

Review:
*Edited on Feb. 3, 2014 due to grammatical errors.

(This is the final installment in the Temptation series so there are bound to be some little spoilers ahead if you haven't read the first books. My reviews for the first and second books, Temptation and Belonging can be found here and here.)

Noah knows that the only way he and his family can get back into the good graces of the Amish community is by giving them time to recover from jilting his Amish fiancee, especially when the father of said ex-fiancee blocks their every move and is making their life difficult. But Noah doesn't know that what he needs most is the one thing Rose can't give. Rose is pregnant with his child, and it's high-time that both of them took a final stand in order for them to finally be together.

I don't know how and I don't know why but every Noah and Rose I know seem to be walking disasters. In the second book, Noah got into an accident, and a psycho was after Rose. In this one, Rose has an accident, Noah and Rose get caught between a tornado (because hey, dramatic stand-offs) and hey look, psycho neighbors. Considering that Rose was pregnant most of the time in this one, to say that the couple has been through A LOT, cultural differences and forbidden romance aside, is an understatement. In truth, I didn't expect anything less because the second book, Belonging, was already rife with drama, and the only way to really end the series is to pile that drama on. 

Rose and Noah seem to finally get the idea that this couple thing is beyond the both of them. Everyone around them is affected, especially Sarah, Noah's younger sister, who seems to be falling for Constance's brother Micah, yet another tricky relationship. In Forever, Noah finally let go of his stubbornness and this is what really makes me sag in relief. Noah was actually pretty tough on compromising, but I guess he finally grew up and realized that they both needed to be in this together if they were really starting a family. While I am happy for Rose and Noah finally ending up together (come on, that wasn't even a spoiler), I did hope that they had more time before finally committing to each other. While their chemistry was there, I hoped that the readers were clued in as to actually why and how they deemed that they were perfect for each other. I mean, Rose and Noah are hot and they love each other, but that's all I really observed from them. 

Forever does include a little side-story and I thought that that was a pretty nice touch, but then Hopkins does the unthinkable and pulls the rug out from under us. Seriously, I thought that that would have made a pretty cute spin-off.

Even though Forever was quite cheesy and, given the disaster-thing I've mentioned, quite ludicrous, it was a pretty fitting ending to the series. As soon as I found out that I was given access to the title, I immediately downloaded the title and finished it in one sitting. Despite being over-the-top with its drama, Forever is engrossing and it was very hard to look away. I would recommend this series to people who are hardcore romance enthusiasts, and I do quite wish that there would be a spin-off to this series. 


Rating:
             

No comments:

Post a Comment